- AutoDoc works with the concept of a repository which is the combination of a database and a Volume. While the database stores the metadata the volume has the actual documents in it.
While the database like SQL may be on one machine the actual documents might be in a volume at another location.
- Database stores all the metadata and volumes are assigned to the departments by the administrator.
- Client Server communication through WCF technology makes the software robust and quick.
- Indexing system with custom index fields comes very handy for the users.
- Indexing, options like Before, After, Later and None can be used for indexing at the time of scanning. Options like ‘Later’ can be useful to those organizations that outsource their indexing work.
- Automatic Indexing while importing.
- Automatic full content indexing for electronic and scanned documents.